Friday, January 22, 2010

Forever and a day

That's how long it's been since I've blogged, well...that's what it feels like anyway. Things in ATX are good. Going along, work is work and now we've begun the "real" tri-training for the year. My body aches. All over it aches. I haven't started the daily doubles yet, but they will make their way into the schedule soon.

This is what I'd like my tri-schedule to look like this year:

May 9th (I think) - Rookie Triathlon Mini-Sprint
May 31st - Cap Tex Tri Olympic
July 11th - Couples Tri Sprint (this was my first ever race...which was last year)
Aug 1st - Jack's Generic Sprint
Sept 6th - Austin Tri Olympic
Oct 17th - Longhorn 70.3 Half Ironman (HOLY SH*T!)

This is what my weeks will look like from here until...well...Oct 18th:

Monday - Spin am/Run or Core pm
Tuesday - Swim am/Strength Training with Trainer pm
Wednesday - Spin am/Swim at noon alternating weeks/Track workout pm
Thursday - Swim am/Strength Training pm
Friday - Swim at noon alternating weeks
Saturday - Long ride
Sunday - Long run

Friday is my "rest" day since I won't be putting stress on the legs. So this is the plan...if I can get my ass out of bed by 4:45-5am. Have I mentioned that I am NOT a morning person? At all? Yeah...mornings.bite. But, I paid for the full year of training. Up front. Might as well get as much out of the program as possible. As it gets warmer or really just lighter in the evening we'll see how much spin I do, I'd really rather ride outside.

That's all for now. Oh, last thing. Since I started my training two weeks ago...I gained effing 4 pounds!!! WTF!?! Classic.

1 comment:

schmitball13 said...

Have I mentioned you are a rock star! Doesn't look like any tri's for me this year. :( But you know I will be there to cheer you on!