Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Six weeks until Vacation!!!! (Rambling post)

GAWD I cannot wait to go on vacation. This hot weather is sucking the life and soul out of me. And now with the wind my allergies are mimicking a sore throat and shitty attitude. :)

Okay, so first I have to respond to Shan's comment on my last post. Love my Shan, Sexy Hippy Mama, with all my heart. If I told all of you readers how much sleep I get you might hunt me down and slaughter me in the middle of the night. I get 8-10 hours every night (albeit broken sleep - thank you Brody, but still.) I do sleep, and sleep, and sleep and if I didn't have to get up I'd probably sleep some more. And just to point out to all of my parental readers: Believe me when I tell you that my athletic endeavors are SO much easier and less energy sucking than your adorable children. I can go out on a 7 hour bike ride, run for 30 min and still be able to make it through the rest of the day (with a short nap of course) and be fine the next day. When I watched my precious little 'H' man while Yoga Babe was giving birth (yes, remember I was there during a home birth) for 8 hours I was exhausted. Mentally, physically exhausted for the next 2 days! My point is that child rearing (haha) is effing hard work, a lot harder than this tri shit.

Speaking of tri-shit. I am on my maintenance plan and enjoying it. I have one week left and then I start training for my 1/2 marathon in January. I'm excited. Running with a purpose is good at times, especially when I'm trying to refocus on me, my body, my motivation...etc. You get the idea. Blah-diity-blah-blah-blah.

Fun stuff in life: Went to tea with Yoga Babe and a new friend on Saturday. (side note - I was completely lazy on Saturday, read a book and a half, did no exercise...blissful day.) The Steeping Room is one of our favorite places and after tea we walked around the outdoor shopping area and well, we shopped. I got new UNDIES! YEAH!!! Yes, I am super stoked about my new undies, and they are not Fredrick's undies, they are good 'ol day to day underwear. They have come along way in 7 years. I think that is the last time I purchased undies for day to day. I have plenty of uncomfortable, only on for an hour max, sexy, sassy, play things underwear. I bought 14 new undies. Bikini and thongs. They are SOOOO comfortable. I threw out all of the old undies. Very satisfying. UNDIES!!!! Sorry, still excited and it was 3 days ago. :)

OH, and I remembered why I quit WW this last time. It doesn't quite work right for people that exercise a lot. I guess it could...I don't know, maybe I'm doing it wrong?? Regardless I'm paid up through December so I will lose that $$, but I did join a nutrition challenge through my nutritionist. Probably a better way to go since it is custom to me, my workout habits and life habit...ie; pizza Fridays and pastry Sundays.

K, I'm just babbling again. I will post again tomorrow (mostly b/c work is sucking the life out of me and this makes it bearable.)  I will pick one of those topics from my last post. Have a great day! It's Tuesday, 4 days to go. Rockin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot weather? I'm still waiting for some. Maybe I'll come to Austin over winter holiday, is it still warm then? Seven hour bike ride, damn, that's a long time. I guess if you're training for a triathlon, you do what you have to do. And congrats on all the sleep you get, I'm lucky for six hours a night, not because I'm that busy, but because my body chemistry doesn't like sleep. Now that my weight is mostly taken care of, I'm going to see what, if anything, can be done for that.

Why do you say WW doesn't work for people who exercise? Because they justify more points for it? Or because they don't let you eat enough? I've never done WW, and don't plan to, but find the whole thing curious.

Rockin Austin said...

Ha, on the WW topic, it doesn't work for ME, I should have said. You get these points per day, and then a sum per week, and THEN Activity Points on top of it. It doesn't quite work for me. I end up eating crap food because I 'can' as it's within my pts budget, but as a result gain weight. It could just be my body as well, last time I did WW and was successful I lost 28lbs, and was just running. Again, though, that was a different WW program.

schmitball13 said...

Where are you going on vactation? Can you fit me in your suitcase.

YZB said...

Tea last week was fabulous. And I'm happy to hear you are enjoying your new undies. ;)


And I know it has been a really long time, but thanks again for watching H man that one day. I still owe you for that, big time.