Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Hoe! (a day later)

In 1978,
when I was only four,
I made it around the block
to knock on your door.

"Do you have any girls?"
I asked your mother,
One girl stepped aside
so I could see the other.

This 'other' girl was my age,
as far as I could tell,
She wasn't shy by any means
and that would serve her well.

We became friends that day,
never looking back,
Through good and bad, thick and thin,
that was our pact.

Our siblings were mean,
our parents were strict,
But together we'd make it,
from barbies to girls scouts to di... (Oh, how inappropriate!)

She has always been fabulous,
reaching for the stars,
I never doubted her making it,
going oh so far.

She is not my sibling,
but she is my sister.

Always and forever, through thick and thin, I will be by your side.

I love you Hoe! Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

The Sports Mama said...

Oh... loved this! Hope she had an awesome birthday! :)

fattygetsfit said...

how cute!
she is lucky to have such a poetic friend

Unknown said...

Hi Hoe! I LOVED it! :) LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! Thank you so much! You are always my shining star. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about you and smile. :)There is NO one like you out there. Thank you for that. I am gonna print it and put it in the scrapbook so we can laugh years from now on a porch! :) Mwuah to my sister.