Friday, May 23, 2008

25 things...

Apparently there is a kind of "ritual" on this blog thing...when you hit your 100th post you're supposed to write 100 things about yourself that people may not know. Well, I'm impatient and really, who wants to read all 100 at once? That would be a long-ass post. So, I'm on post #25 and I'm going to tell you #25 things about me, that you may or may not know. :)

1. My dad has always called me Pumpkin and still does to this day (and now I use it as a term of endearment with my friend's kids).

2. I was burned on the arm with a cigarette when I was in kindergarten, I remember the day and what I was wearing, a cookie monster cardigan over a dress (I LOVE cookies!).

3. I started playing the piano when I was 7 years old and wanted to be a concert pianist .

4. The first time I rode a bike without training wheels I ran into a parked truck...it's a wonder that I still ride a bicycle.

5. I love to read all kinds of books, I could stay home and read all day and I read a book in about 5 hours.

6. I grew up in Colorado, but didn't learn to ski until I was 14.

7. I've had three near death experiences: one when I was 8 or 9, one at 19 and one at 29.

8. I have to sleep with covers, even if it's over 100 degrees outside.

9. My first paying job was working at Dairy Queen.

10. I used to get in trouble for bringing home a report card that was less than a 4.0, I only had two report cards with a 4.0, both happened the semesters that I didn't have to work. My friends thought I was weird for not wanting to bring home my 3.75gpa report card.

11. I love peanut butter.

12. I wanted to be married right after college and start a family at 23 years old so I wouldn't be an old parent. I wanted a boy and a girl...the girl would have been Sierra and the boy was going to be Jacob. Two years apart. Yep, had it ALL planned out.

13. I hate scary movies, probably because my Older Bro used to chase me around the house with guns and knives, wearing a ski mask over his head(I'm not kidding) while my parents left me in his care. HATE scary movies.

14. I rode on the back of a "crotch rocket" going 125mph. Scary and exhilarating all at the same time.

15. I'm a Virgo, I take all things spiritual seriously, but I don't believe in organized religion. I believe if you are looking for something, the answer will present itself, you just have to have your eyes and heart open.

16. I've been to 7 KISS concerts, if that's not love...I don't know what is. My least favorite song is Beth which is funny because it was supposed to be Beck, Peter Criss was dating a Becky and the song is about her.

17. I don't have many favorites, I'm always changing or evolving. ;) Color - nope, movie - nope, song/music/artist - nope, nope, nope.

18. I love getting real letters and cards. I love sending them too.

19. I love being near the water, my favorite beach is Cannon Beach in Oregon. It's more like a coastline, whatever, I used to go there with a book or a journal and read or write while I listened to the ocean crashing into the rocks. It was always misty and what some people would call dreary, but it was beautiful to me.

20. I love to fly.

21. I had my first kiss in the 4th grade, behind my fence. I had my first REAL kiss when I was 15 in the back of a van on the way home from a hockey game. His mom was driving. Hehehe...

22. If I could have ONE thing done for me every morning it would be my hair. I hate doing my hair. Dysfunctional wavy...crap...

23. I never wanted to play the clarinet. When I was in 5th grade and you were supposed to pick out your instrument my mom's friend (also my 6th grade teacher) said that she would give me free lessons if I played the clarinet. I got one lesson. Fortunately I was good at it and it paid for my college education.

24. When I hear music and close my eyes I see colors, mostly with classical music...and Pink Floyd. ;)

25. When I go to the grocery store I go down almost every isle, even if I have a list.

Whew! That was TOUGH! I'll have to prepare for the next 25...although that will be a couple of months. :) Post #25 is DONE, and #26 will be here shortly. I have to dish about my weekend.

3 comments:

Shanna May said...

This rules - I love this stuff (probably why I'm always the one sending off those silly surveys all the time)! I, too, always need covers when I sleep.

I can't believe I actually beat Sports Mama on this one. :)

The Sports Mama said...

Ha ha! Silly me.... I let myself actually back away from the computer this weekend. ;)

Anyway...

I remember hearing about that first REAL kiss..

And surprisingly... I even learned a couple new things about you on this! Who knew?

Anonymous said...

Hold up - someone burnt you with a cigarette in kindergarten? Where the heck did you go to school that they let five year olds smoke?

Man, that's hard core.