Saturday, May 16, 2009

And another couple of weeks pass

Some weeks just fly by whereas others drag their feet and are painstakingly long. That was this week. It seemed like everyone one in the office took "Eff Off" pills...at the same time. I'll attempt to recap the week...

Monday - Well...it was Monday, that should be enough to make it painful. I made steak for dinner. Exercise = nada.

Tuesday - Should have gone to the gym early, didn't make it. Had gym clothes with me to go after work, but found out that LSU's puppy was dying so I went over to her house instead. We drank wine and talked about how life can be cruel and unfair. Dinner was...well, wine...and when I got home I made a nacho dish...kind of. Exercise = nada.

Wednesday - Things started to look up on Wednesday. I started the day off with a run with The Democrat. Work was...eh, work. Then when I got home to change for YZB's and my kayaking session I saw a little package on the counter. Hmmm...what is this? I didn't open it because I didn't know it was for me. Kayaking was fabulous, the river that we kayak on was rockin and rollin, waves of two feet, which doesn't sound like a lot until you're actually ON the water in a tiny little boat. No exciting points like last week (wait, I didn't blog about that...long story short, the water was rough, the current was crazy and I was almost decapitated by the stone column that holds up the freeway overpass - just a slight exaggeration) but the water was challenging. I didn't even want to exercise since it was becoming the theme for the week. But, I'm glad we went out. When I got home dinner was made for me (yippee!) and that package on the counter was also for me. A very sexy teddy from Fredrick's with peekaboo cups. HOT, black and red lace...okay, slutty, but that's my style right? AND I got week night sex. Cannot beat that with a stick.

Thursday - My favorite day of the week. I rode to work, humid as HECK out. Nasty awful weather, but I did it...and on National Ride Your Bike to Work Week. Good for me! Midwest Girl and I were supposed to go on a long ride after work, but she had to cancel so at least I got some accidental exercise in. Dinner was salmon, a side salad and quinoa. Tasty. Trainer went to Walgreen's and bought me some Ben and Jerry's. YES! I finished the night with a bath reading US weekly.

Friday - Hehehe....oh Friday. Some of you received some weird ass messages on your phones at about 5pm my time...whoops. So the day started off like the rest of the week. At 11:40 I had to leave to get my v-jay-jay waxed (I just can't give this us no matter how much I have to scrimp and scrape) and my co-workers were all going to lunch. I really wanted to go with them, but the waxing NEEDED to be done. So, I told them that I'd call on my way back and see if they were still there...and they were. I arrived and ordered and they poured me a beer without my even asking. I usually don't drink at lunch because even after one beer I'm kind of tipsy. I blame it on the meds. PLUS, I have a thing about drinking and working...I don't know...maybe I'm just old fashioned? Oh wait, that used to be common practice in the "old days." Anyway, one lead to two...that lead to three...and I was toast. My co-worker drove me and my truck back to work. We gave a ride to another co-worker who happened to notice my tattoo as I got into the truck. Now he thinks I have a dark side...hahaha, he has NO idea how dark. ;) I tried to work (hahahahaha) for a bit and then sobered up to drive home.

Home - I get there and there is ANOTHER package on the counter!! For me? YES! I got the new Lady GAGA CD and more pieces for my lingerie collection. Two pieces, one was a sexy cupless bra (it's just basically the underwire with some lace padding at the bottom and the other piece was the matching panties, that highlight my tattoo on my back. I must say I looked pretty smokin...well, in my opinion (and Trainer's by the way things progressed!) After the 'fashion show' we went to the Hideout, our regular dive bar for dinner and a drink and then on to another bar down the road that has my favorite beer on tap and then back home for more beer and a little MORE fun...we skipped the Kissopoly this time.

And now it's Saturday. I got my eyebrows waxed this morning, came home for my massage and I have this message on my answering machine: "Hey...so my husband just told me that we're going on a cruise!! Call me!" This message is from Legs and indeed her husband is sending the two of us on a 4 night cruise!! Can you believe it??? I think I've mentioned that my Legs has been going through quite the time lately. She has two boys, one is 2 and the other is five months. The five month old (little cuddlebug) is the most laid back child, sweetest thing in the world and he was born with a bi-lateral cleft lip and palette. (correct me if I'm wrong!) When he smiles his whole face lights up as his smile literally goes from ear to ear and you just can't help but smile yourself, it's so fricken adorable. Now their two year old is very active, physically and mentally. He is already speaking in full sentences and asking LOADS of questions. Now, Legs' husband is a great guy, however like husbands tend to do...he really started taking Legs for granted.

I think I've told you stories of Legs and I. She is one of the most independent, well adjusted people that I know. She can multitask like no other and always puts herself last, especially when it comes to her family. Like a typical female she hopes that her husband will notice the incredible strain that she's under and will just help out. She, like most women, has given him the map, the instruction book, the play by play...yet he refuses to "read' and instead hopes that it will soon pass. Well...it passed alright. From her mouth to his ears and I'm sure in not the way that he would have liked. Anyway, I got a text message from him on Wednesday looking for suggestions and help. I know my girl very well....very, very well. So I suggested this awesome cruise and he was like "That is a GREAT idea!" Of course, my very 'type A' Legs was informed of her choices ahead of time, even though I knew she'd love the cruise. Why ruin the "surprise"?? Well, in my experience 'type A' people like to have some say in at least WHEN and WHERE, it tends to get a better reception. They don't really want to PLAN it, just have a little control. Legs played it off like a good surprised wife would do and of course now she can get all excited and buy new clothes with zero guilt attached.

Isn't life grand?? I think so. And now I just have to figure out how to lose 10-15 pounds in four weeks...do you think this means no beer?? Crap.

2 comments:

Rebecca and Shay said...

Hah! And I have 20lbs to lose!!! Isn't there some sort of fad diet that can do this for us without nixing the alcohol??????

The Sports Mama said...

Twice in one week? Awesome.

And totally counts as exercise. So there. :)