Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Testing...1...2...3...

So, here I am...on blogspot trying to decide if my life is interesting enough to read about. What exactly is my motivation for writing such a thing? Better yet, will I be any good at this?

I was inspired by a couple of my friends, I'm a faithful reader of their blogs, although I don't know if they realize that. I'll start out by saying I'm not the greatest friend in the world. Over the years I've tried to be a good friend, mostly I have great intentions...but the follow through is lacking. Ha ha. Sounds like a bad date huh? Anyway, I guess I'll try this out and see if I can master it in a couple of years...here goes!

I moved to Austin, TX a couple of years ago...a true 'leap of faith' and I'm still leaping. It was a fresh start, a new place and a new adventure. I moved with a husband and a pair of silly dogs who are stand ins for the kids that will never be. We bought a house on the Internet that is way too big and has a huge yard that we thought we wanted for our enjoyment. Now, I don't know about you, but mowing, raking and pulling weeds are just not enjoyable! Especially since my allergies are so severe that my brothers used to tease me by calling me "Bubble Girl" (in reference to the movie "Bubble Boy"). To top it all off we moved without jobs.

We both are employed now, we're learning to like our house and I've hired a lawn service to take care of the biggest portion of the yard work. I work in finance and my husband (I'll have to come up with a name for him) works in the personal fitness industry. In the true American fashion we have a ton of debt and I'm slowly working our way out. Yes, Me...we have a definite division of the household "chores" in our marriage. Him - housework, yardwork and puppy pick up duty. Me - all things finance related, cooking and keeping a stable job. That last one seems like it may be a "duh" item, however in our household it is priceless. ;) Speaking of that stable job, I'd better get to it this morning. I have a lot of ideas and I love CONSTRUCTIVE feedback...not that I'm sensitive or anything...

No comments: