Thursday, August 28, 2008

My next 25!

Okay, so this is my 50th post! Yeah me. AND it just happens to be my birthday! So you'll be learning 25 more things about me that you may or may not know.

1. I hesitate going into the ocean because I have a fear of sharks, stemming from an incident (involving older bro - go figure) when I was 14. Shark Week on the Discovery channel doesn't help this fear. Although I love being ON the water, just not in it.

2. I am a music major who now writes financial reports and has never been paid to teach a music class.

3. I have lived in five states: California, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon and Texas. Oregon was my favorite. I would move back in a heart beat if Trainer would agree...but that's not going to happen.

4. My oldest friendship is 31yrs old this year. Love you Hoe!

5. I sucked my finger until I was 10 years old.

6. My puppies names are inspired by the characters from Alias.

7. I love popcorn, I'm allergic to it...but eat it anyway. I can eat an entire box of Crunch 'n Munch in one sitting.

8. I hate bugs, especially roaches...and the biggest ones I've ever seen are in AZ and TX. I cringe just thinking about them. Scorpions run a close second. Sad isn't it?

9. I talk about people behind their backs. *GASP* - yes, it's true. And I laugh at them too.

10. I have a closer relationship with my 6th grade teacher, who is also a family friend, than my own grandparents.

11. I am pro-choice and will NEVER vote for a candidate that is anti-abortion. (Did I really just make a political statement? And don't get all riled up, this is just 25 things about me.)

12. I love to cook, I just hate that it takes time.

13. My parents made me take a Hunter's Safety course when I was 15, where I learned to shoot a gun, but my dad never let me come up to hunt.

14. I have asthma, I've had it most of my life. My mom didn't believe me until I was taken to the emergency room at the age of 13.

15. I cannot stand to watch American Idol, public humiliation/rejection really, really bugs me. I am embarrassed for those people.

16. 40 hour work weeks feel like cheating the system.

17. I went to a topless beach once but didn't have the guts to take off my top.

18. I can be very irresponsible...like this morning when I chose to read the rest of my book rather than get to work on time.

19. I take terrible pictures, my hands always shake.

20. I worked road construction for a summer, I was a flagger and used to eat Popsicles to stay cool. That would always stop traffic.

21. Some days I feel trapped at my job, I can't quit and start over because I make too much money that we depend on to pay the bills.

22. I hated the Care Bears when I was a kid and they were popular.

23. The only time I ever got in trouble was when I was 10 yrs old and I said (out loud) that I wish my little brother was never born....I said it to my dad...whoops.

24. I am a messy person, no matter how much I try and straighten up, it always goes back to messy.

25. I have nightmares about becoming pregnant.

Well, there you have it. Some more interesting (hopefully interesting) than others. And, as promised, here is a picture of my cube... Can YOU see my computer screen???


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a fascinating person. Just fascinating.

Happy effin' birthday, btw.

The Sports Mama said...

Strangely, I've never wished my brothers weren't born.... huh.

And just because you live in a certain state doesn't mean you have to like it's bugs! :)

And incidentally... our friendship is running along there in years, too.... 20!!! WTH happened to the time?

Really.... reading NEVER requires an excuse and is in no way irresponsible.... you're expanding your mind, after all!

Happy birthday... again. :)

Shanna May said...

#23 cracked my ass up! LB's Butt is right... you're fascinating.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Looks as if they did a number on your cube. Too funny.

The topless beach thing? Ya chicken you!